A message from:
James Harris, Detroit Chapter Chairperson, Troy Elliott, Detroit Chapter Vice Chairperson & Terry Swarczinski, Regional Vice President- Region 2E
The Detroit Chapter of ASIS has had a long history of providing professional development and networking opportunities to public and private professionals within the greater Detroit Area. Throughout this history, volunteer leaders have stepped up to lead and support the Detroit Chapter in our mission of advancing security for Detroit. We owe a debt of gratitude to all past and present volunteer leaders of the Detroit Chapter.
Presently, the Detroit Chapter (like many others) has struggled to deliver on its mission of advancing security for Detroit. COVID has interrupted our flow as a chapter and has unfortunately left key board positions vacant and you with little or no information on chapter activities.
The good news is that we are Detroit Strong, and we are set to revitalize the chapter by filling the board with top talent, providing clear communications pertaining to chapter activities and events, and doubling down on our mission of advancing security for Detroit. With that being said, we understand that actions speak louder than words. We encourage all security professionals to pay close attention to Detroit Chapter communications, actions, and events and get involved where you can.
Our focus for the remainder of 2022 is the following:
- Identify security professionals who can and want to volunteer for open board or committee positions.
- Current openings include Chapter Secretary, Chapter Treasurer & many Committees positions
- Conduct an open election of Chapter members to formally select candidates for open positions
- Conduct a member survey to better understand your needs/ expectations
- Build our plan for 2023 to include meeting dates, speakers, and venues
- Provide status updates and communications to chapter members
- Partner with Regional ASIS leadership and other Chapters, including sharing of information on upcoming events/ opportunities
If you are interested in volunteering, please complete the attached form, and return for consideration. Thank you for your continued support, we look forward to working with you into the future.
Also, please check out our short bios to learn more about us.
James Harris- Chairperson
Troy Elliott- Vice Chairperson & Assistant Regional VP
Terry Swarczinski- Regional Vice President- Region 2E