Royal Oak, MI
General Summary: Armed position who manages the daily operations of the Security department through direct supervision of the shift supervisors.Oversee the security function to insure effective policies and procedures are being followed to provide a safe, secure environment for all patients, visitors and staff.Direct the activities of the department towards accomplishing the goals of the department, including maintaining an effective training program, compliance with regulations and policies & procedures, proper staffing levels, excellent customer service, and budgetary responsibilities.Essential Duties
- Monitor the activities of the three shifts to ensure that all duties and responsibilities are being handled appropriately.Directly supervise and coach the department shift supervisors as required to insure policies and procedures are being followed in a consistent and effective manner.
- Review and approve security incident reports, work schedules, payroll records, department policies and procedures, compliance records, and training records as required.Insure each shift supervisor is properly managing and maintaining the corresponding records as they impact the operations and budget of the department.
- Staff management responsibilities, including hiring, monitoring, evaluating, coaching and directing.Through subordinate shift supervisors, insure consistent policies and practices are being followed by all three shifts.
- Represent the Security Department in various meetings and committees, including Emergency Management, Safety, Joint Commission preparedness, and others that directly involve the department operations.
- Review and approve invoices and other budgetary expense reports. Assist in the preparation of capital expense budget. Control expenses such as staff overtime and supply use through proper monitoring of various shift reports.
- Assist the Security Director in completing special investigations and reports.Monitor incident reports daily, looking for trends and tendencies that could lead to solving crimes and preventing further incidents.
- Diligently and appropriately utilize Police Authority to arrest for both felonies and misdemeanors on Beaumont Health property under Michigan Law (PA 330) depending on PA 330 status or as required by hospital policy.
- Associates degree in criminal justice, security administration, or related field.A Bachelor’s degree in criminal justice, security administration, or related field preferred.
- Minimum of three years’ experience as a law enforcement or security supervisor managing a medium to large work environment. Hospital security experience preferred.
- Valid Michigan Operators License.
- Within 90 days of hire, successfully complete certification and maintain continued competency in: Michigan PA330 Certification, Defensive Tactics, Proactive Nonviolent Verbal De-escalation, BLS (CPR, AED, and first aid), Hazmat/ Decontamination, and Patient Physical Management/ Restraint.
- Must meet the Michigan Commission on Law Enforcement Standards (MCOLES) for firearms by qualifying every six months, as required by hospital policy.
- Electronic Control Devices (ECD) use – requires approval and authorization by Director – requires a current Carry Pistol License (CPL) and successful completion of the specialized Taser Training Course